New Getty Stock Music Service at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old October 12th, 2007, 11:47 AM   #1
Major Player

New Getty Stock Music Service

Getty Images has launched a new stock music download service. The prices are not too bad. Take a look at:

http://www.gettyimages.com/Creative/...type=creative#
Peter Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2007, 02:02 AM   #2
Trustee

I couldn't find their prices anywhere.
Bruce S. Yarock
www.yarock.com
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2007, 09:23 AM   #3
Major Player

Pretend you're going to buy something without opening an account. I checked out a 3-minute piece under two pricing options, one for a less-than-thirty-minute video, and for greater-than-thirty-minute video. It was $49 for <30 min, and $99 for >30 min.

Martin
Old October 13th, 2007, 09:48 AM   #4
Major Player

It's the price plus the license terms . . . for the festival video license for firms making under $1 million the prices includes use "in perpetuity" and that's not too bad for the quality of music offered.

For web videos the streaming price is around $25 and the download + streaming is $35, although there is an odd clause about revenue from pre- and post-ad revenue that I have no idea how they will manage to enforce . . .

There is lots of classical music that would be very good for wedding DVDs and the cost is $50 if under 2000 copies are going to be made . . .
Peter Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2007, 10:02 PM   #5
Major Player

Digital Juice....can't beat it. Over 30 volumes of royalty free music, not to mention video clips, sound fx, ETK's, and a ton of other stuff. Can't beat their prices either.

I've got almost all of their stuff...you can check out a picture of my library here:
http://www.pyroreview.com/bryan/dj0923-1.jpg

Getty does have nice lyrical music, though....
Bryan Gilchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2007, 11:21 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Wiley View Post
Getty Images has launched a new stock music download service. The prices are not too bad. Take a look at:

http://www.gettyimages.com/Creative/...type=creative#
Hi Peter,

Wow, Getty's stuff is really great! I typically use Stock20, Sound-ideas, Royalty Free Sound, Sound Dogs, etc but have been looking for lyrics - bingo, you've turned me on to an awesome source!

At first, I didn't think I was going to like the graphical user interface, but withing a few minutes it because clear that their GUI and database drill-down paradigm was far more powerful than others I've used elsewhere.

I'm summary, I'm really upset with you, cause your tip is going to rack up buck$ on my MasterCard <wink>

Many thanks, Michael
Michael Nistler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio