DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   B&H testimonial (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/10950-b-h-testimonial.html)

Michael McConnell June 17th, 2003 07:44 PM

B&H testimonial

This is my little testimonial about B&H, If your ever in the n.y.c area and happen to stop at B&H for any audio related purpose-you will be pleased, they have a very helpful audio dept.-I know very little about audio but, these guys really enjoy what they do and walk you through whatever you need. I've purchased all my audio gear (azden boom mic, fish pole, sennheiser handheld mic, cords,xlr adapter,etc) they are very helpful and despite all the rude people who just rudely jump in with questions while your being helped they handle it well.

p.s.

ask 4 gary or see dude with dread and glasses :+

Jeff Farris June 17th, 2003 10:48 PM

Another quarter heard from...

This seems like a good place to thrown in my two cents about B&H. I recently purchased a TRV-950 from them. I took it on a week long trip and shot it a couple hours each day. Toward the end of the week, I started having problems with it. If I deciphered the error codes correctly, it had something to do with the supply side of the tape transport. After a couple of calls to Sony, it was determined that the camera needed service. I had had it less than three weeks, and shot about 4 tapes with it. I contacted B&H, and despite their very clearly defined return policy, which my camera's use exceeded, they agreed to replace rather than repair. In fact, they let me trade up to a PDX-10 for the difference, and they paid the shipping charge. They went above and beyond for me, and I won't forget it.

Marco Leavitt June 18th, 2003 09:53 AM

I recently made my pilgrimage to B&H, and man, if you're ever on a trip to New York City you have to go, if only for the spectacle. It's like Willy Wonka in there, with conveyer belts carrying things around, and baskets whizzing by overhead full of products. There are even holes in the floor where your stuff pops up after the salesman types a few things in the computer. Practically all of the workers are Hasidic Jews, which adds another surreal dimension. As crowded as the place is, you can buy your stuff really fast. This is one smooth running outfit.

Matt Gettemeier June 18th, 2003 06:02 PM

I pretty much buy everything I can from B&H... a few years back I used to regard them as the "high-priced mail-order house" and boy have they made a turn-around on that... The service is always first rate and they're competitive on price to boot! I buy from them even when it's cheaper to go somewhere else...

You'd be surprised how much business they get from me... and I'm just ONE guy. They definitely understand how valuable good service and pricing can be.

I laugh at how poorly I've been treated every time I go into any Best Buy store... the ONLY reason I ever go there is for emergencies... like when I need a couple DV tapes on my way to an unplanned shoot... It's funny how crappy the people there are... and I know they're thinking "who cares, this guy's only spending $30 here anyway"...

Funny thing is B&H gets THOUSANDS from me...

Paul Tauger June 18th, 2003 11:06 PM

I'll add my 2 cents to the thread . . .

I've bought a lot of gear from B&H and they've always been 100% reliable -- they ship on time, exactly what I order in pristine condition, and are courteous and helpful besides. I've even returned items on occassion, not because there was anything wrong with them, but because, after the purchase, I decided the item wasn't what I really needed. Each time, they took it back without a problem (and without a restocking charge).

And I've also dropped in when I was in New York. It is, indeed, quite a spectacle. I could easily spend a day there -- too many toys, not enough time. ;) Nice, helpful staff, ultra-efficient check out, good prices.

What more could you want?

Chris Hurd June 18th, 2003 11:52 PM

B&H is indeed an amazing place to see "live" in midtown Manhattan, should you ever get to NYC, you owe it to yourself to visit them and budget at least an hour to browse the floor.

I'd like to close this thread by pointing out that our DV Info Net Sponsors are the businesses and dealers who keep these forums going, with prices and customer service at least equal to the B&H, so please consider making your purchases from them while you're researching your options.

Thanks all,