Inverted phase - is there such a thing? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old December 20th, 2007, 11:18 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew J Morin View Post

In your situation, I expect you could arrage your stage again just as it was for the performance, but obviously without the singers or audience.
without the bodies of the singers and the audience, the sound at the microphone will be dramatically different. an empty room is full of reflections and echoes. I would think, that because the source problem is a cd, it would be worth the attempt to invert it to remove the unwanted volume. as I understand it, it he doesn't want to remove 100% of the cd's content, only reduce the volume level. I also agree it will most likely not produce the desired results, however, I am the type of person to exhaust all resources before I give up :)
Allen Plowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2007, 03:18 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Problem solved

I love this forum, I got so many creative ideas!

Going back is not an option as this is a no/low budget recording mostly for pleasure and we already paid for renting a large church when we first did the recording; the kid's home church is small and has terrible acoustics. Honestly the whole issue is not such a big deal after all, the recording does not sound all that bad after a little more tweaking. What I did is I EQd all of the tracks a little, raising higher frequencies on the vocal tracks and both lower and higher frequencies on the guide track. I added a little "studio echo" (Adobe Audition terminology) to all of the vocal tracks and to me it sounds acceptable. As suggested above, I cut a little on the middle freqs (around 1KHz), that took away most of the unwanted part. New file attached.

So now 25 kids will have a CD under their Christmas tree - we made these kids (age 5 to 15) proud of their efforts and motivated them for the future.

Thank you so much everyone! Merry Christmas,
Attached Files
File Type: zip 03 Track 3.zip (1.70 MB, 61 views)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio