Good Place To Sell at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old December 31st, 2007, 01:23 PM   #1
Major Player

Good Place To Sell

Hey, i dont wanna deal with the online selling and stuff, so does anyone know a good place in LA to sell audio gear? I'm in woodland hills but will go as far as hollywood. Thanks =D
Old December 31st, 2007, 01:57 PM   #2
Trustee

What gear do you want to sell? Do you want to just take it into a shop and have them give you something for it?

But I don't know how you would sell something easily except with an online ad. That's the only easy way to reach a large number of potential buyers.

You can put an ad on this forum. Specify items and price and that you want to sell local for pickup only. There are enough people in the L.A. area that this should work. I think it would be the easiest.

A second choice would be to put a local L.A. listing in Craig's List and have people call you. It's free and gets quick response.

A third option is to take it to an Ebay broker. They sell it on Ebay for you, then keep a percentage. You don't have to do anything.

Again, it partly depends on what you have to sell and what percentage of it's value you want to get.
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2007, 02:03 PM   #3
Major Player

If it's pro audio gear, check with Coffey Sound. They do consignments.

Wayne
Old December 31st, 2007, 02:10 PM   #4
Trustee

I believe Location Sound (just down the hill and around the corner from Coffey Sound) also does consignments:
http://www.locationsound.com/proaudio/ls/used.html

Here is the link for Coffey Sound:
http://www.coffeysound.com/home.php

Last edited by Jack Walker; December 31st, 2007 at 04:16 PM. Reason: corrected URL
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2007, 03:03 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I've had very good experiences buying gear on this forum and RAMPS [ http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...pics?lnk=gschg ]. Gear is traded every day on RAMPS with great success.

Just wanted to let you know in case you're worried there aren't trustworthy people out there . .
Abe Dolinger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio