Soundtrack Pro channels at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old January 19th, 2008, 06:22 AM   #1
Major Player

Soundtrack Pro channels

Hi!

I have a sequence in FCP that I send to Soundtrack Pro (STP). The sequence contains two audio tracks with mono sound on each. When I send the sequence to STP as a multitrack project, two tracks open in the multitrack timeline. But when I double-click on one of the clips there, I get confused. Now the audio file from the original video file opens in its total length. Why would I like to see the whole media file? This also means that both channels of the original file opens. Why would I like to see both channels? I only want to edit just that clip, which contains only one channel.

The User manual tells me to right-click the clip and "replace it with an independent audio file project" to edit just one clip. But this still means that the two channels are both in the new "project".
It seems a unnecessarily complicated way to work for me, but since I am not an experienced audio editor, I can't really judge well.

Have I missed something? Is there an easier way to edit just one clip with one channel, for example apply an effect to just that clip?

I also wonder how to export back all the clips from the STP multitrack project without merging all my "newly made" clips in the tracks to one. I try to export "All tracks, busses and submixes" but what comes up in FCP is the whole sequence as one clip.

Thanks for any help.
Urban Skargren is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio