Looking for help on buying wireless XLR setup with Phantom Power. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old February 14th, 2008, 01:14 PM   #16
Major Player

This is a heck of a system http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Wireless.html
John M. McCloskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 07:27 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Okay, I'm unfamiliar with IFB. Is there any reason you couldn't just go into the monitor input with the MM1? It's designed to allow a return feed for monitoring.
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2008, 08:28 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Leavitt View Post
Okay, I'm unfamiliar with IFB. Is there any reason you couldn't just go into the monitor input with the MM1? It's designed to allow a return feed for monitoring.
What you would do is take your IFB output (comtek, or otherwise), run that into the monitor input. However, there is a challenge doing that, the way the MM1 is designed is stupid. If you want to monitor both the input monitor and the standard input, you have to put the headphone monitoring into a split mode, so you have one input in one ear and the other input in the other ear. What they really should have done is put a switch on the unit so you could flip back and forth between the two, because you don't always need to listen to the IFB channel when booming, but you do need to monitor where the sweet spot is when booming.

That answer your question?

John- I have the 400UH on order, combined with my 411 system, it should be very nice for wireless booming.
Wayne
Old February 14th, 2008, 08:41 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Fasanella View Post
Ok I am going with either the
G2 Sennheiser Evolution 500
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...0_Plug_In.html

or
Sennheiser EW100ENGG2 Wireless System
http://www.coffeysound.com/product.p...1&cat=0&page=1

what is the difference in these systems?
I have two sets of G2 500 wireless and use G2 500s and 100s at work. The 500 receiver had a headphone jack (great for troubleshooting), balanced output and apparently can send line level (though I've kept it at mic with my 302). It has 20 selectable channels per bank compared to the 100's four. The 500 plug-on transmitter gives phantom power, which the 100 does not.

As far as I know, with settings matched you will not get any different sound between 500 and 100 components. I spent the extra money for the plug-on transmitter phantom power and balanced receiver output.

Good luck!
Old February 14th, 2008, 08:43 PM   #20
Major Player

Also, if you do go the G2 500 route, consider this package as it's much better value:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Wireless.html

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio