Audio editor that slows down audio? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old February 5th, 2008, 08:45 AM   #1
New Boot

Audio editor that slows down audio?

Hello to this forum

I have been using Vegas since the start of my videowork and know that you cant get this kind of video out of Vegas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNxyEnLn66Y

What you can do is use video velocity envelope to create graduated slowing of playback but you cant do that with audio. I know you can do this in Adobe After Effects but I am more similiar to Vegas.

So my question is: is there any audio editor that can change speed of audio by creating keyframes with certain values? (100 percent,75 percent etc.) and in space between two keyframes speed of audio will be changing either linearly or in steeper way. I will use final audio with original clip, slowed down with Vegas with the keyframes at the same places as it is in Vegas video editor.

Did I make myself clear?
Jaroslav Moravec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2008, 10:49 PM   #2
Major Player

create your video envelopes first, then you must automate a pitch shifting plugin, once the keyframes are made, you then line them up with your video keyframes
Roshdi Alkadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 07:57 AM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshdi Alkadri View Post
create your video envelopes first, then you must automate a pitch shifting plugin, once the keyframes are made, you then line them up with your video keyframes
How can you create keyframes in that audio effect Pitch Shifting? Seems to me that you can only edit the clip as a whole..
Old February 6th, 2008, 08:05 AM   #4
Trustee

I thought some of the audio editing programs, and also Vegas perhaps, allow you to change pseed without shifting pitch? Not sure what the effect would be called.
Old February 6th, 2008, 11:28 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaroslav Moravec View Post
How can you create keyframes in that audio effect Pitch Shifting? Seems to me that you can only edit the clip as a whole..
ok, here it goes, you add a plugin at the track level say "pitch shift", then you automate the pitch shift (different color lines will show on your track), then you make envelopes to correspond with your video. makes sense?
Roshdi Alkadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 02:28 AM   #6
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshdi Alkadri View Post
ok, here it goes, you add a plugin at the track level say "pitch shift", then you automate the pitch shift (different color lines will show on your track), then you make envelopes to correspond with your video. makes sense?
This plugin does not support automation. That is what I got. Unfortunately, this does not work. Any other idea?
Old February 7th, 2008, 08:38 AM   #7
Major Player

oh i see, you're trying to use the sony pitch shift. try using a third party plug that does support automation, or maybe sound forge has something to offer, anyone else?
Roshdi Alkadri is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio