Cooper Sound Systems No More at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old February 21st, 2008, 11:30 PM   #1
Trustee

Cooper Sound Systems No More

passing of an era if you have one. copy & pasted from other forums
-----------------------------------------------

Cooper Sound Systems Inc. has decided to cease manufacturing operations.
Cooper Sound Systems will continue to provide warranty service & product support. General service and repairs can only be accepted with prior authorization.
We would like to thank you for your support over the years.

Copper Sound Systems Inc.
----------------------------------------------------
I spoke with Andy and Janet this morning (I was afraid one of them may have had health issues or something). As it turns out, all is well. They are simply wanting to retire, and can.

Glen Trew
------------------------------------------------------
Steve Oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 05:38 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Oakley View Post
passing of an era if you have one.
When I used a mixer, I always wanted one. I simply never could afford one and when I finally saved my pennies, I went a different route. But they were the best and cleanest sounding of the mixers I heard.

Don't look for deals on these, mixers will now hoard them... kind of like many mixers did with the Zaxcom Cameo.

I actually expect to hear similar news about Bob Wendt (he isn't a spring chicken). Although he might sell the brand to somebody else.

Wayne

Last edited by Wayne Brissette; February 22nd, 2008 at 07:03 AM.
Wayne Brissette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 10:24 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Brissette View Post
When I used a mixer, I always wanted one. I simply never could afford one and when I finally saved my pennies, I went a different route. But they were the best and cleanest sounding of the mixers I heard.

Don't look for deals on these, mixers will now hoard them... kind of like many mixers did with the Zaxcom Cameo.

I actually expect to hear similar news about Bob Wendt (he isn't a spring chicken). Although he might sell the brand to somebody else.

Wayne
That's sad, I always wanted a Cooper too, couldn't ever afford one.

I had Bob Wendt over to my office for conversation and a soda quite a few years ago, his facility was located right up the road from me in Westlake Village, Ca. He is a nice guy and I will be sad when he retires, he makes very good gear. Yes, Bob is way up there in birthdays, I think I met him 2002 and he wasn't really young then.

Dan
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2008, 11:22 PM   #4
Trustee

well a little surprised they just didn't sell off to employees... unless its that small of an operation. I guess as long as you can find sliders & pots, the rest pretty much lasts if they use quality caps, and I'm sure they do.
Steve Oakley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio