Resume? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old February 29th, 2008, 05:07 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Resume?

Anybody have some advice on how to put together a resume for location audio work? I'm not really sure about the formatting and what all I should be including. The format for regular resumes doesn't seem adequate at all, so that's why I'm posting here. Previously I have just sent out a gear list and a list of references, but I have been asked for a proper resume this time.
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2008, 07:13 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Typically such a resume will have 1/2 to 1 page of traditional resume, and 1/2 to 1 page of credits, eg. Location A1 for "Marco Gets the Job", Marco Productions, June 2007. Such a credits list might be subdivided into headings such as Commercial, Corporate/Industrial, Broadcast, Feature, Indie, etc.
Seth Bloombaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 01:39 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I include a gear list and rate in the cover letter. For the resume I include my contact info and a list of selected credits. My feeling is that you can write what you want about how you studied etc., but that what people really want to know is that you're working consistently, and maybe have a client that they've heard of.
Abe Dolinger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio