Booming and Mixing.. simultaneously ? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old April 28th, 2008, 01:16 PM   #31
Inner Circle

So the Deva will allow you to output a mix of the different tracks? I don't think the Sound Devices can do that (maybe I'm wrong). That's why I was wondering if I'd need a second four channel mixer in the bag.
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 01:48 PM   #32
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Leavitt View Post
So the Deva will allow you to output a mix of the different tracks? I don't think the Sound Devices can do that (maybe I'm wrong). That's why I was wondering if I'd need a second four channel mixer in the bag.
Yes, typically what happens is you create a "mix" track on the Deva itself (one of the reasons it is marketed as a 10 channel recorder with only eight analog inputs, although you could in fact use the four digital inputs if you want). The mix track is then sent out to the camera. Now, you don't even have to record this mix if you don't want, you could simply assign the outputs of various inputs to the outputs. It's a very flexible design. However, this is where I'll get into trouble sometimes. I try to give them way too much, when I should just pick one and stick with it. If they want to try to pull out something different, they could do that via the ISO tracks.

Wayne
Old April 28th, 2008, 01:52 PM   #33
Inner Circle

That is so cool. I hope this doesn't get me thinking I have to have a
Deva now. :) The SD four track recorder is going to require a small business loan.
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 03:35 PM   #34
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Leavitt View Post
That is so cool. I hope this doesn't get me thinking I have to have a
Deva now. :) The SD four track recorder is going to require a small business loan.
Have you looked at the new SD788T 8-track? ("8-track" always reminds me of my car back in the 60's and pulling stacks of commercial 'carts' in my broadcast daze.) When applying for that loan, in for a penny, in for a pound <grin>.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio