I need to buy a handheld wireless mic at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old April 25th, 2008, 08:33 AM   #1
Tourist

I need to buy a handheld wireless mic

Hello Everyone,

Love this site - very informative and a wonderfull resource to always learn something or share reviews etc.

That being said I'm looking to buy a wireless handheld mic for wedding based reception speeches and for public speaking when I use it with my mackie 1202 mic/line 12 channel mixer for event speakers - like with my PA system.

This wedding I have comming up - I just dont think I'd the wedding guests drinking and then giving speeches (worst case scenario of course) hard wired into my mackie board.

So ..... it's time to buy a handheld. Im thinking Sennheiser - as I allready have the EW 100 G2 series single lapel (trans/reciever - b class range).

My max limit is $400.00 USD.

I know I shouldnt shop at guitar center - but they have a wireless senn handheld kit up there for 399.00 that is (i belive - could be wrong) senn model 335ew or something like that. I asked them to open the box and inspected it - looks to be a true diversity reciever box unit in there as well with 2 antenna's - so that should help with at least trying to minimize drop outs.

I feel im going to stick with Sennheiser - but for this price - would it be better to get another lapel ew100 g2 kit with the butt plug trans as well?

I dunno.. I hate to spend 400 at all... gear is an addicition and "there will always be something" but I know audio is KEY in all aspects so I dont want to cheap out - but anyways

Please if you have experience with senn handheld wireless mic kits, or senn wireless buttplug transmitters and they are withing a 400.00 price range or preferably below - please let me know you guy's thoughts :)

Thanks so much

- Uriah
Uriah Stone is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio