Ouch! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old May 11th, 2008, 08:34 AM   #1
Trustee

Ouch!

The band "Vampire Weekend" was playing live on TV yesterday (maybe part of BBC Radio1's "Big Weekend"). My kids have been to see them recently so i switched on the Hard Drive DVD recorder for them to watch it later.

When they watched it today, they saw the band was using a laptop as part of the setup. It either fell or was knocked on to the stage (the stage handheld cameraman was about the right place) towards the end of one number - this can bee seen all too clearly.

Result: much electronic flatulence and unexpected end to that number. The keyboard player picked up the laptop (it didn't appear to crash) checked it and the concert continued. I must watch it myself and see if if was a MacBook Pro which is what my kids think. I knew the motion sensor would come in handy someday.
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2008, 10:26 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Back in my salad days with Media Design, I shot The Legendary Pink Dots in Austin a couple of times (once at The Back Room, once at Liberty Lunch). At the LL gig during a saxpedition by Niels into the audience, Martijn spontaneously threw his guitar high into the air and failed to catch it, whereupon it wrecked an expensive Roland keyboard in the accelerating gravitational process of returning to the stage. Needless to say, Edward Ka-Spel was thoroughly disgusted by this abrupt turn of events and the show ended right then and there. I wish I had the time to dig out that video and upload it.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2008, 12:11 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
If you find 1/2 the time mail it to me and Ill put it up ;) I wish I had the time to dig out that video and upload it.
Might be the start of a thread though, uploading some of the funny events our lens catches. I think I have a few good ones in the archives.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio