Sony PCM D50 question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old July 7th, 2008, 07:03 AM   #1
Trustee

Sony PCM D50 question

I have ordered a Sony PCM D50 which shoiuld be with me on the 9th July. Can anyone advise me on which Memory stick I should use?. There seems to be so many variants of this stick, some are for gaming whilst others have a Magic Gate logo etc. The on-line PDF manual states Pro Duo (high Speed) or Pro - HG Duo - neither of which I can find on Amazon.co.uk
Vincent Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 08:51 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Oliver View Post
I have ordered a Sony PCM D50 which shoiuld be with me on the 9th July. Can anyone advise me on which Memory stick I should use?. There seems to be so many variants of this stick, some are for gaming whilst others have a Magic Gate logo etc. The on-line PDF manual states Pro Duo (high Speed) or Pro - HG Duo - neither of which I can find on Amazon.co.uk
The D50 only uses high speed memory in order to prevent any buffering problems. I haven't bought a memory stick for mine yet. I would stick to the recommended memory.

I can say that the built-in 4GB memory has been working extremely well for me. Easy to transfer via the USB cable. You will be very happy with this recorder.
Old July 7th, 2008, 09:03 AM   #3
Trustee

THank you, I will try to track this Memory stick down. I also see that an 8gb card is available, will this work on the PCM 50 too?
Vincent Oliver is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio