DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   90 degree shoe adapter? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/129793-90-degree-shoe-adapter.html)

Michael Wisniewski September 10th, 2008 03:59 PM

90 degree shoe adapter?

Anyone help find a 90 degree shoe adapter? I'm not having any luck searching the internet. I'd like to mount a light on the top of the camcorder with a shockmount on the side. * Note: I'm not looking for a bracket, just hopefully a small cube that has shoe adapters on it.

Thanks in advance for any leads.

Marty Wein September 11th, 2008 08:51 AM

I am not sure i understand exactly what you are looking for. Is it something like this? or am I way off?

The other solutions are either the Rycote Hot Shoe Extender, NRG Tri-Mount or the Cool Lux Dual Mount Bracket.

Perhaps if I have a better understanding of your requirements I can try to come up with other more appropriate solutions.

Michael Wisniewski September 11th, 2008 10:10 AM

Something like this simple shoe adapter, but with an extra shoe mount on the left/right sides.

Michael Wisniewski September 11th, 2008 10:17 AM

I see you mentioned this adapter, which might work with a couple of these shoe mounts. But I wish there was something that was just off the shelf.

Marty Wein September 11th, 2008 01:08 PM

I give up. The closest to this was once available by Mamiya but is no longer available.

Michael Wisniewski September 11th, 2008 01:47 PM

Rats, that Mamiya adapter would have done it too! Thanks for trying Marty.

Marty Wein September 11th, 2008 02:23 PM

FWIW: While the NRG may be a bit large is is more flexible especially if you have larger pieces to mount like a shotgun in a shockmount etc. where the Mamiya just wouldn't cut it.

Kevin McRoberts September 11th, 2008 09:55 PM

I was just looking up something like this the other day...

DM-Accessories - Shoe Mount Accessories

Abe Dolinger September 11th, 2008 10:21 PM

Look for the J-Bar - it mounts in the mic slot and provides another hotshoe. I think there's a model with two hotshoes as well.

Michael Wisniewski September 25th, 2008 12:46 AM

Thanks for all the help. The DM-Accessories AIS-Cube is what I was looking for. I'm hoping the cube will be an excellent way keep a low camera profile and still have the mic in a decent shockmount.

Marty Wein September 25th, 2008 06:57 AM

Are you sure you need the AIS-Cube and not the UNI-CUBE? The AIS can only be used with consumer Sony cameras that have the AIS shoe instead of a regular shoe.

Michael Wisniewski September 25th, 2008 09:23 AM

Good point, I'll give them a call since, they also have a CMS-Cube for Canon camcorders and I'll be using this on an XH-A1.

Marty Wein September 25th, 2008 10:22 AM

For the Canon XH-A1 you would still use the UNI-CUBE since the XH-A1 sports a standard shoe and Not the Canon proprietary “Mini Advanced Shoe".