mixer suggestion at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old August 19th, 2003, 07:33 AM   #1
Major Player

mixer suggestion

At times I need to use a mixer for my wedding videographer business. I currently use a Behringer UB1622FX-PRO Eurorack...however I'm not real pleased with its performance...as it seems to induce noice/distortion. I don't really need a high-end board just for capturing vocals, but I would like something a bit better...been looking at two possible mixers-- Tapco (made by mackie) 6306 or the Mackie 1202VLZ PRO....

Thoughts....
Mark A. Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2003, 06:18 PM   #2
Major Player

The Mackie 1202VLZ PRO will give you CLEAN sound. I did not try the Tapco yet but the Tapco is just another cheap mixer that Mackie had to bring to the market to compete with the Behringer etc.

Another one to look at is the Soundcraft Spirit E6 which has six Mic Pre's with Fader's
Marty Wein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2003, 08:41 PM   #3
Trustee

Try the Marenius MM3100, it's a 3 channel mono with phantom and runs around $340 for 18 volt phantom and $400 for 48 volt. It's a true field mixer, well built and fairly inexpensive. markertek has them in stock.

If you want to go nuts check out Sound Devices at WWW.sounddevices.com

I recently bought the 302, amazing features and quality for the money.
Bryan Beasleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2003, 10:04 PM   #4
Major Player

The Sound Devices Mix Pre is the real deal...about as good a sound as you'll get in the field. It has very pro feature you'll need and is built to last. If you don't need more than 2 channels, it's a world class solution for not that much money.
Jim Giberti is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio