Mounting a Sennheiser receiver on HPX502? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old October 4th, 2008, 03:56 PM   #1
Major Player

Mounting a Sennheiser receiver on HPX502?

Hi again everyone,

I am trying to mount one of the EW100 G2 receivers on the HPX502 but can't work out a decent/secure way of doing it.

Does anyone know of a secure and solid way of mounting one of these receivers to a camera? I have searched eBay for a bracket solution to no avail. I have a spare screw-in mount on the rear of the camera handle, but not sure what is a good, solid solution.

I am sure a solution must be out there, finding it is the problem.

Cheers,

David
David Cleverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2008, 05:18 PM   #2
Major Player

I saw a bracket for sale in the classifieds section called Bracket1. Looks interesting. See their website http://www.bracket1.com
Julian Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2008, 05:53 PM   #3
Major Player

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...nting_Box.html
Matt Gottshalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2008, 02:31 AM   #4
Major Player

Hi David
The simplest and easiest solution I've found and used on two cameras now with the G2 is to take the plastic mounting plate you get with it, unscrew the hotshoe adapter, and use extra strong velcro to stick this to the large capacity battery of the camera.
The receiver can be clipped and unclipped using the set up you get with the G2 system. As I have two G2 units I have fitted out two large size batteries for my Z1 like this and have never been short of battery life.

Also I have never had the receiver fall off in four years of using this system. More often than not I just leave a receiver on the camera all the time. This heavy duty velcro really does stick well. In anycase the receiver is plugged into the camera's XLR.
Failing that several places in the US do ally holders that fix the battery also...

Cheers
Gareth
Gareth Watkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2008, 07:10 AM   #5
Major Player

Thanks Gareth,

Should have worked that out myself! (DUH!!)

Dave
David Cleverly is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio