ringing noise at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old October 19th, 2008, 12:00 PM   #1
Major Player

ringing noise

I've posted a clip with audio I'm concerned with. First it sounds like the mic was not quite properly placed, also there is a ringing noise.

I'm hoping to clean up the sound in post as best I can. Is it possible to remove the ringing noise? Besides, bringing up the volume on the actor's voice, any ideas to make it sound richer and fuller?

I have Adobe SoundBooth CS3 and Adobe PPro CS3. I tried various things like reverb, lo-pass... it didn't seem to help. However, I am no audio editor by any stretch.
Attached Files
File Type: wav audio.wav (1,011.8 KB, 108 views)
Dennis Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 12:18 PM   #2
Major Player

Dennis,

It is possible to get rid of most of the ringing noise. I just took your clip into Adobe Audition and used the Noise Reduction tool to eliminate most of it. If you spend some addtional time with EQ, you could probably make the whole thing sound o.k. I'm not familiar with the software you mentioned, and I think Adobe did not include the Noise Reduction in Soundbooth, but maybe you can find someone locally that has Audition or Sound Forge to help you out.

Have fun!

Rob
Attached Files
File Type: wav audio with NR.wav (1,011.7 KB, 103 views)

Last edited by Rob Neidig; October 19th, 2008 at 12:21 PM. Reason: add attachment
Rob Neidig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2008, 12:58 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Do you mean the background 'ting ....ting' sound, sort of like somone tapping on a glass? Explore the spectral editing tools in Soundbooth.

Last edited by Steve House; October 20th, 2008 at 04:47 AM.
Steve House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2008, 07:12 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Stevens View Post
I've posted a clip with audio I'm concerned with. First it sounds like the mic was not quite properly placed, also there is a ringing noise.

I'm hoping to clean up the sound in post as best I can. Is it possible to remove the ringing noise? Besides, bringing up the volume on the actor's voice, any ideas to make it sound richer and fuller?

I have Adobe SoundBooth CS3 and Adobe PPro CS3. I tried various things like reverb, lo-pass... it didn't seem to help. However, I am no audio editor by any stretch.
Hello Dennis,

It's pretty far above voice frequencies, so you should be OK. Sounds like maybe a lighting fixture or possibly a nearby video monitor.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Ty Ford is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio