DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   Sennheiser Spares in the UK (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/136987-sennheiser-spares-uk.html)

Colin McDonald November 1st, 2008 02:06 AM

Sennheiser Spares in the UK

Sorry to bother the whole list with this one, but I've e-mailed Sennheiser UK several times and received no reply. Their website's dealer locator was at first unable to locate the nearest dealer for my postcode (??) but eventually give me a list of closed music shops, headphone only outlets and audio installation contractors. Many of these addresses look out of date to me anyway.

Only being able to source spares for Sennheiser headphones through Google I need your help.

Specifically I'm trying to find spare clips for the Freeport ME2 clip on mics which we use in the church. One visiting preacher appears to have removed the microphone but left the clip on his jacket! If I can't find the clips I'll need to order the ME2 mic compete with clip.

Any suggestions of who would be able to supply this?

Nick Flowers November 1st, 2008 04:35 AM

Colin, try

Welcome to the Southern Sound Kit Company-the Souths premier audio hire facility.

It's run by Barry Smith, a very helpful guy.

Colin McDonald November 1st, 2008 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Flowers (Post 958319)
Colin, try

Welcome to the Southern Sound Kit Company-the Souths premier audio hire facility.

Thanks Nick, I've dropped him an email.

Stewart Menelaws November 1st, 2008 05:10 AM

Hi colin - Here is the email address for John Willett, the technical chap at Sennheiser UK. It's been a while since I spoke to him but I am sure he is still there, he was always helpful in steering us in the right direction for getting Senn Accessories.

JWillett@sennheiser.co.uk

Regards: Stu
www.studioscotland.com

Gary Nattrass November 1st, 2008 05:30 AM

Sennheiser ones are expensive so have a look at these:Pearstone | Tie Clip for Pearstone OLM2, Sennheiser | TC-OLM2-5
I ordered 10 clips and wind gags so I have a good stock:
Pearstone | WSM-0LM2-5 Metal Windscreen for OLM2 | WSM-0LM2-5

Colin McDonald November 1st, 2008 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewart Menelaws (Post 958323)
Hi colin - Here is the email address for John Willett, the technical chap at Sennheiser UK. It's been a while since I spoke to him but I am sure he is still there, he was always helpful in steering us in the right direction for getting Senn Accessories.

JWillett@sennheiser.co.uk

Regards: Stu
www.studioscotland.com

Thanks for that useful address, Stewart. I'll contact John as he's best placed to advise me. I assume he'll be working Mon - Fri though, and I might not hear from him for a few days.

Colin McDonald November 1st, 2008 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Nattrass (Post 958325)
Sennheiser ones are expensive so have a look at these:Pearstone | Tie Clip for Pearstone OLM2, Sennheiser | TC-OLM2-5
I ordered 10 clips and wind gags so I have a good stock:
Pearstone | WSM-0LM2-5 Metal Windscreen for OLM2 | WSM-0LM2-5

Thanks for that link Gary. Ouch! - $26.95 for the cheap alternative? What do the Senny ones cost then? I think I paid £100 each for the entire Freeport systems for the church - mic/clip, bodypack TX and diversity receiver (though XLRs cables were extra). They're OK for PA but I wouldn't use them for recording.

Gary Nattrass November 1st, 2008 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin McDonald (Post 958328)
Thanks for that link Gary. Ouch! - $26.95 for the cheap alternative? What do the Senny ones cost then? I think I paid £100 each for the entire Freeport systems for the church - mic/clip, bodypack TX and diversity receiver (though XLRs cables were extra). They're OK for PA but I wouldn't use them for recording.

Sennheiser ones are $7 each in the states, dont know what they are here.

John Willett November 4th, 2008 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin McDonald (Post 958326)
Thanks for that useful address, Stewart. I'll contact John as he's best placed to advise me. I assume he'll be working Mon - Fri though, and I might not hear from him for a few days.

Message received - but I only saw it today as I have been out of the country for a couple of weeks (International Recording Contest time).

I passed the query on to Nina Catlin in spare parts who will sort it for you.

Colin McDonald November 4th, 2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Willett (Post 959466)
Message received - but I only saw it today as I have been out of the country for a couple of weeks (International Recording Contest time).

I passed the query on to Nina Catlin in spare parts who will sort it for you.

Thanks for the reply, John and also for Nina's list of mail order dealers- that's made it clearer how to get spares for the Freeport. I had already made contact with another dealer recommended by Nick Flowers, so now I'm well provided for.

Gary Nattrass November 4th, 2008 08:45 PM

For info Colin could you let us know how much the clips are here in the UK and who is best to source them from.

Colin McDonald November 5th, 2008 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Nattrass (Post 959651)
For info Colin could you let us know how much the clips are here in the UK and who is best to source them from.

Certainly Gary. First to reply above was Nick Flowers:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Flowers
Colin, try

Barry emailed me:

Quote:

I can do the Clips for £ 7.00 each plus Postage

Barry B. Smith
Southern sound Kit Company
Part of the Overhead sound Ltd. Group

Barry@southernsoundkitcompany.co.uk

02380 260004
07860 383035
These were the FreePort M2 mic clips - I will need to look to see if they will fit the mic supplied with the G2 ENG camera system.

Gary Nattrass November 5th, 2008 04:08 AM

So 5x7 =£35 so those $26 pearstone ones are still better value at £17.

Colin McDonald November 5th, 2008 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Nattrass (Post 959741)
So 5x7 =£35 so those $26 pearstone ones are still better value at £17.

Ah - yes, you are correct Gary and I had not noticed that it was a pack of 5 that Pearston were selling. What was the postage on the order from B & H in the US?

Gary Nattrass November 5th, 2008 10:40 AM

The postage wasnt cheap as its fixed cost but if you can get a few items together for an order it will be worth ordering a few as spares. They are exactly the same as the sennheiser ones and well made.