Audio from PPro into Pro Tools ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old November 7th, 2008, 02:04 AM   #1
Tourist

Audio from PPro into Pro Tools ?

Is there anyway I get get audio from PPro into ProTools ? Apparently Automatic Duck have discontinued their programme
Michael Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2008, 02:22 AM   #2
Trustee

Does PPro export OMF? if so you can export an OMF file format and import it into Pro Tools if it has the DV toolkit 2.
Old November 7th, 2008, 03:35 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I'm by no means a protools expert, but the file format issue is only tricky going from protools into other software. Protools will read aiff and wav files, won't it? I've been told, but never tested, that native protools files can actually be opened in audacity - which seems odd, but something to tuck away and remember.
Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2008, 11:27 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I believe Adobe Premiere Pro can export OMFs, and like Gary has mentioned that can be imported into Pro Tools with the DV Toolkit addon.

You can also just consolidate your audio tracks into single files and export. Then import manually into PT.
Jeffery Magat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2008, 05:48 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffery Magat View Post
I believe Adobe Premiere Pro can export OMFs, and like Gary has mentioned that can be imported into Pro Tools with the DV Toolkit addon.
You can also just consolidate your audio tracks into single files and export. Then import manually into PT.
That would work.. providing all tracks run from the head. Otherwise one would have to wild sync them on the timeline. (not fun and time consuming)
Rick Reineke is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio