Phantom power out of Edirol R09 field recorder ?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old January 9th, 2009, 03:25 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Phantom power out of Edirol R09 field recorder ??

Dear,
I was fortune to get a Edirol R09 for recording meetings...
Does someone know, whether I can connect a microphone, which requires phantom +48V power via some adapter ?

The Edirol R09 offers Plug-in power feature for external microphones: What does it do in detail ? Is +48V offered via the small 3.5mm plugs ? Or what else does it do

If someone would have a good suggestion how I can use my 48V phantom powered mikes - I would be very glad for some hints...

regards - and happy new year, even in difficult economic situations...

Ulli
Ulli Grunow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2009, 06:33 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulli Grunow View Post
Dear,
I was fortune to get a Edirol R09 for recording meetings...
Does someone know, whether I can connect a microphone, which requires phantom +48V power via some adapter ?

The Edirol R09 offers Plug-in power feature for external microphones: What does it do in detail ? Is +48V offered via the small 3.5mm plugs ? Or what else does it do

If someone would have a good suggestion how I can use my 48V phantom powered mikes - I would be very glad for some hints...

regards - and happy new year, even in difficult economic situations...

Ulli
Plug-in power is very different from phantom, both in its voltage (3-5 volts) and its wiring configuration. What you need is an external phantom power supply such as those made by Rolls, PSC, Behringer, Art, etc. Most of them have their outputs on XLR so you'll also need an appropriate XLR->mini adapter cable. You could also use one of the Beachtek or Juicedlink adapters that provide phantom and also convert to mini. Here's a link at B&H for the sort of thing you need. phantom power supply | B&H Photo Video

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio