Best Lav Mic Clip - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old February 16th, 2009, 04:27 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Beaudry View Post
Would like to hear more about the felt sleeve idea. I would imagine it would help with wind issues. I've found fleece to be very nice for blocking wind when recording outside such as on a ski slope. What mic are you using and how do you make the sleeves?
Bernie
My wife made the sleeves. It's craft felt, folded over, and hand-stitched around the edges. The size is just large enough to fit over the mic. Which means they're fairly small. Which also means I keep losing them.

I'm using them with the Audio Technica 899 CW mics, but I was using them with Countryman B3s, too.

They do help with the wind somewhat. But for really brisk winds the Micro-Cats work very well. However, they really can't be hidden well at all.
Old February 16th, 2009, 04:55 PM   #17
Panoramic

BTW B&H has a nice short tutorial on how to mount a lav with a half-loop in the cable to avoid the pulling problem....

I've spent some time on the B & H Site, but can't find that tutorial. Others, but not that. Any chance someone has the URL or path info to get to it?
Old February 18th, 2009, 01:17 PM   #18
Trustee

Here's the link to the lav article: Guide to Lavalier Microphones

On the B&H home page look for resources > newsletter archive for a lot of pro video articles, some are pretty good info. / Battle Vaughan /miamiherald.com
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio