Best Lav Mic Clip - Page 2 at

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old February 16th, 2009, 03:27 PM   #16
Inner Circle
Originally Posted by Bernie Beaudry View Post
Would like to hear more about the felt sleeve idea. I would imagine it would help with wind issues. I've found fleece to be very nice for blocking wind when recording outside such as on a ski slope. What mic are you using and how do you make the sleeves?
My wife made the sleeves. It's craft felt, folded over, and hand-stitched around the edges. The size is just large enough to fit over the mic. Which means they're fairly small. Which also means I keep losing them.

I'm using them with the Audio Technica 899 CW mics, but I was using them with Countryman B3s, too.

They do help with the wind somewhat. But for really brisk winds the Micro-Cats work very well. However, they really can't be hidden well at all.
Dean Sensui
Exec Producer, Hawaii Goes Fishing
Dean Sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2009, 03:55 PM   #17
BTW B&H has a nice short tutorial on how to mount a lav with a half-loop in the cable to avoid the pulling problem....

I've spent some time on the B & H Site, but can't find that tutorial. Others, but not that. Any chance someone has the URL or path info to get to it?
Paul Izbicki
Paul Izbicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 12:17 PM   #18
Here's the link to the lav article: Guide to Lavalier Microphones

On the B&H home page look for resources > newsletter archive for a lot of pro video articles, some are pretty good info. / Battle Vaughan /
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio