DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   Behringer HPX2000 Headphones (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/14514-behringer-hpx2000-headphones.html)

Peter Jefferson September 14th, 2003 09:24 AM

Behringer HPX2000 Headphones

Just wondering if anyone has ever used these before???

Im pretty much wanting a new set of cups as a monitoring tool for my DVX100.

Currently Im using an old set of Audio Technica which depsite the small size, are remarkably good and offer incredible frquency response.

These are slightly bigger, but i cant remembe teh specs on my old set to be able to cpmapre, however i have heard that the DVX has some issues with the phone out being a little too low on certain phones depending on the phones themselves.

Ive never used these, but i found them online and considering im using Berhinger Truths for my audio monitoring and im happy, i thought id give these a shot.

Any ideas?? im jsut lookin for a low budget set with good all response...

This from the site....

The HPX2000 high-definition DJ headphones are high-quality DJ headphones for
demanding users in home and live applications. Their superb frequency response, high-
efficiency cobalt capsule and single-sided oxygen-free copper cord promise
uncompromising performance. You get high-definition bass and super-transparent highs,
and ultra-high dynamic range. There are flexible turnable and foldable round-shaped ear
cups with ultra-rugged headband construction.

Specifications:
* Capsule diameter : 40mm
* Frequency response : 20Hz-20KHz
* Maximum power handling : 100mW
* Impedance : 64 Ohm
* Sensitivity : 110db@1KHz
* Cord Length : 2.0M
* Connector : 1/4 inch TRS stereo jack

Rob Lohman October 5th, 2003 05:36 AM

Only thing I know is Behringer makes some very nice equipment.
The most important thing is whether you like em or not I think...

Mike Butler November 19th, 2003 07:40 PM

Those Truths must be some fun to listen to! Behringer makes some phenomenal equipment for the price, don't they?

The Sony MDR-7506 cans are known for their great sound and are the de facto standard of pro audio--they are known to put out some good volume with low signal. Of course, they should be good, they're about 5 times the price of the Behringers! (about $100)

Bottom line is, it's hard to predict how something is going to sound without demoing them (of course, who cares, if they are only $20!)

Stephen Sobel November 19th, 2003 08:06 PM

Are these used for listening through your camcorder? How would the Sony's be for listening and editing on the desktop? How do they compare to the AKG K240S?

Mike Butler November 20th, 2003 09:53 AM

These Sonys are the predominant headphone used in studios around the world, so lots of professionals think they are fine for desktop, editing, mixing, etc.

As for headphone comparos, go to head-fi.org which has a forum that looks eerily like this one (they must have used the same template), where you will see hundreds of user reports, comparisons, opinions, rants, etc. about almost any kind of headphone, headphone amp, accessory, etc. More info than you ever even wanted! :-)

Peter Jefferson November 20th, 2003 09:59 AM

LOL

thanks for that!!

the Truths ARE incredible, i must say :)

as for the fones, i did end up gettin them (only cost 50AUD) and the signal is great. Theyre an open air design, with the 3.1/4 inch large plug, so an adapter is necessary, theyre quite chunky but the HPX3000 is a closed cup design which offers a little tighter bass...

Im very happy with em...

had to get a headfone amp though and use that as an adapter..

Mike Butler November 20th, 2003 11:25 AM

Yikes, I hate to think of adding a headphone amp to the bits I already have hanging off my camera: Frezzi light, battery for the Frezzi, wireless mic receiver, XLR adapter....o yeah, and the phones themselves! ...and if it's on the sticks let's add the LCD monitor, zoom controller, well, you get the idea. Hee hee!

Actually it's getting to be time to retire my beloved old Discwasher cans...light, comfy, good and loud with low input, single entry cable (very important!), and don't take up much room in my camera bag. One of the elements is starting to wobble around in there, and I can't seem to open them up to get at the innards. Oh well, I think they've paid for themselves and I can afford some new 'phones.