BEC mounting box at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old March 15th, 2009, 07:25 AM   #1
Inner Circle

BEC mounting box

Anybody use the BEC AT-1820?

BEC | AT-1820 Wireless Reciever | BEC-AT1820 | B&H Photo Video

Can't seem to find good pictures of it. What holds the wireless receiver in place? What's the bottom look like? Would I have easy access to the controls on the bottom of my AT dual receiver? There's switches and stuff down there. One thing I like about the stock AT receiver holder is the bottom has a velcro flap you can pull on and off, giving you quick access to the controls.
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2009, 08:44 AM   #2
Trustee

Marco,
I have these boxes for my Lectrosonics. The bottom has a metal tab to keep the receiver from falling out but is open otherwise so you can get cables into it. They usually require a bracket to attach to the camera and then you can add a second box to the outside of the first. Your access to controls will be limited when it is in the box but I don't know the AT so I it may not be a big deal. The lectro controls are on the top so it isn't too bad
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2009, 09:17 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Is there anything (other than gravity) actually holding the receiver in the box?
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2009, 12:29 PM   #4
Trustee

Marco,
If you turn it over than the only thing holding it in would be the cable connected to the camera. It is usually not a problem. You can always put some tape over the top if you are worried. On the other hand I had some one put in one of my receivers with some velcro on it and it was damn near impossible to get the unit out.
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2009, 01:10 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Just what I wanted to know! Thanks Daniel.
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio