Free music for a student film project at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old April 9th, 2009, 05:12 PM   #1
Tourist

Free music for a student film project

Hello everyone!

I am on a demand for websites that have songs for movies in exchange for a credit

A friend told me to look in these forums, but I only find websites with music that has to pay something, and this is a project of students so we don't have money to pay it.

I was very grateful if you could give some help.

Sorry my bad English.
Rafael Coelho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 06:54 PM   #2
Regular Crew

We just finished a student project and you might want to check out the free loops in Apple's Garageband. It even has sound effects.
Hsien Yong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 03:20 AM   #3
Equal Opportunity Offender

Apart form the sample loops that come with most audio software, you may wish to trawl through Jamendo which has a huge range of music under the Creative Commons (totally legal) licensing.
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 09:10 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Look Around You

Ask local bands and artists in your area. Or email regional bands. As long as it's for a student project and there's no money being made off it, they are usually more than happy to grant permission. Myspace might be the first place to find musicians in your area.
Matt Abramson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 09:26 AM   #5
Trustee

Incompetech

A lot of other sites that allow some free use still have limitations on what you can do. Kevin MacLeod accepts donations but still allows free use of his music and asks that he be credited in the end credits as a minimum.

He seems to have a fair variety of selections and a lot of it sounds quite good to me.

I've downloaded quite a bit of his stuff that I might use someday (I need to send him a donation) but I have a nice collection of purchased SmartSound music that so far fills all of my needs.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio