Not a Beach Tek but a Peach Tek - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old December 22nd, 2003, 09:14 PM   #16
Trustee

"Then, sadly they may be pricing themselves out of the miniDV camcorder market."

I don't think so. Many are willing to pay reasonable dollars to get lightweight production gear.

" MiniDisks and PDAs are probably still a viable target."

Pro quality Mini disks recorders are being phased out. The consumer recorders are being cheapened and the only recorderes with mic in are the more costly units. You're still stuck with real time analog transfer as well. At this time i don't even think PDA's are an option.

"But with the new crop of $2k cameras coming with balanced inputs and better preamps"

Try $3000 cameras.

Some people will be content with very inexpensive gear, while others won't. Neither camp can understand the others motivation.

My son in law will waste more than $500 on a pissup (excursion to a football game) and then loudly proclaim that he can't understand why i would waste $1500 canadian on a mixer. Hell, his last DUI cost him and everyone around him around $10,000.

Bryan Beasleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2003, 06:17 PM   #17
Machinist Mate

Man, on his next pissup he should reserve a couple bucks (loonies I guess up there north of the border) for a taxicab or limo, much cheaper. My company has a saying, we'll pay for a ride home, not a lawyer.

Back on topic, i am sure there is a market for a Campressor, just not the same clientele as Beach Tek. Just as sure as there are buyers for the Shure FP33 mixer, which not everybody needs--and I won't need soon (not until someone lets me hire a second person so one can be camera op and one on audio)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio