General Questions at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old January 4th, 2004, 12:40 PM   #1
Regular Crew

General Questions

Hello Everybody,

I have quite a few questions regarding audio equipment. I would really like anybody’s input.

1.What is the best 4-Channel Mixer available on the market and what makes it the best?
2.What are the best mid-priced 4-Channel Mixer available on the market and why is it the best mid-priced audio mixer?
3.What are the best low-priced 4-Channel Mixer available on the market and why is it the best low-priced audio mixer?
4.What is the best Impendence Conversion Device available on the market and what makes it the best?
5.What are the best mid-priced Impendence Conversion Devices available on the market and why is it the best mid-priced Impendence Conversion Device?
6.What is the best type of secondary recorder (mini-disk, DAT, hard drive recorder, ect.) and Why?
7.Which is the best secondary recorder available on the market and what makes it the best?
8.What is the best mid-priced secondary recorder available on the market and what makes it the best mid-priced secondary recorder?
9.What is the best low-priced secondary recorder available on the market and what makes it the best low-priced secondary recorder?
10.What is the best headphone set available on the market and what makes it the best?
11.What are the best mid-priced headphones available on the market and what makes them the best mid-priced headphones?
12.What is the best boom available on the market and what makes it the best?
13.What are the best mid-priced booms available on the market and what makes them the best mid-priced boom?
14.What are the best low-priced booms available on the market and what makes them the best low-priced boom?
15.What is the best zeppelin available on the market and what makes it the best?
16.What are the best mid-priced zeppelins available on the market and what makes them the best mid-priced zeppelins?
17.What are the best low-priced zeppelins available on the market and what makes them the best low-priced zeppelins?
18.What is the best windsock available on the market and what makes it the best?
19.What are the best mid-priced windsocks available on the market and what makes them the best mid-priced windsocks?
20.What are the best low-priced windsocks available on the market and what makes them the best low-priced windsocks?
21.What are the best XLR cables available on the market and what makes them the best?

Cheers,
David Applegate
David Applegate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2004, 12:58 PM   #2
Major Player

What is the 21
that is the number that you need in Vegas to earn some money to hire professional .
read around some threats , you waist people valuable time
Oleg Kaizerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2004, 01:12 PM   #3
Trustee

Read some back threads . I've posted many links to basic audio sites, some within the past week.

To answer your questions we have to write a book. There's a great one already in print by Jay Rose. You'll find the link in the same thread.
Bryan Beasleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2004, 01:17 PM   #4
Tourist

It would take a book to answer all of your questions - and even then the answers would probably be not the most accurate for your application.

On a forum like this, it's far more efficient for all concerned to cite a specific application, or intended use, for a specific item (like a mixer, or mic, or whatever) - and then allow other members to answer with their opinions, experience, etc.

It gets pretty messy trying to answer 21 questions under 1 topic in a forum like this.

edit: Bryan, you beat me to it!
Rainer Halonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2004, 01:24 PM   #5
Trustee

I found the link for all of the reading. It was actually an answer to one of your earlier posts.

The best advice i can give you is read through past posts and do searches based on components of each question. I know there has been plenty written about mixers, some recently. It depends on what your budget is and what your use will be.

Do some reading at WWW.sounddevices.com
Bryan Beasleigh is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio