ma-100 versus ma-200 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old February 11th, 2004, 04:14 PM   #1
Tourist

ma-100 versus ma-200

would someone kindly advise me why i might need the ma-200 versus the ma-100? how can four mics be utilized instead of just two - what are the advantages and situations where this may be necessary? thanks in advance to all. regards, jack
Old February 11th, 2004, 05:03 PM   #2
Trustee

The XL-1 can be set to 4-channel audio recording, but at a much lower quality level than the 2-channel rate. You'd only use it if you absolutely had to have 4 discrete channels and could accept the quality loss.
Jay Massengill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2004, 06:58 PM   #3
Trustee

The MA-200 have a better shoulder support and a BNC connector. But theses features doesn't worth the the price (almost twice the price of the MA-100).

I own an Ma-100 I am really satisfied.
Old February 12th, 2004, 12:03 AM   #4
Regular Crew

ma-200

I have a ma-200 having stepped up to one from the 100. I did it for reasons which to me were important. I wanted BNC out for work I do and use a Anton Bauer setup for power for light and cam and wanted the use of two mounts. One for wireless and one for battery...

If you are doing it to get 4 channels of audio, its not a good enough reason in my opinion. If you are going to need and will using 4 channels on a constant basis save the $350 spend another two or three hundred and buy a used shure fp32. If you are only going to be using 4 channel once in a while rent a mixer for those times.

That said the shoulder stabilization is much better than the 100 of course Ive got a few pounds more back there with the ab's so thats a improvement there alone.

m

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio