Hey you mkh416 owners! Give us a clip! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old February 12th, 2004, 06:07 PM   #1
Major Player

Hey you mkh416 owners! Give us a clip!

Beas, Dave, Jan, and others have been kind enough to raise our awareness of mics and what they sound like.

3 months ago I thought I knew everything about mics and how they work, and how they sound, with my camera.

Man have my eyes been opened! The mics I NEVER even looked at are now common around my home.

There are a few mics that have been elusive for me. Not that they're in my budget anyway, but hey! Show me what I'm missing!

I'm dying to hear a clip of the Sennheiser 416, mkh60, Sanken CS-1, and any other mics in that class.

If anybody wants to email me a short clip or else make a clip available to us ALL, I can guarantee it would be HIGHLY appreciated!

Everybody has a different voice, but amazingly enough, it doesn't matter what your voice sounds like. It's easy to judge the strengths and weaknesses of various mics. Even if you don't know the speaker's voice!

Beas got me hot for Rode mics... almost by accident! He was making a point about various mics and I just happened to like how he sounded through the Rode.

Well since then I've bought several Rode mics and the qualities I liked in his mic (from hearing HIS voice) have proven to work just the same for my voice. Unfortunately I don't sound like a professional narrator like Beas does... so I need all the help I can get!

So c'mon! Let us hear that 416 or CS-3 or high-end Neumann shotgun!
Matt Gettemeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2004, 10:15 PM   #2
Trustee

It would be nice to have a reference of a mic that we have all heard and are familiar with. a clip of the ME66 and the 416 would be ideal.
Bryan Beasleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2004, 03:05 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Other's I'd like to hear

I'll be greedy.

In addition to the MKH 416 compared with the ME66, I'd also like clips of the Schoeps MK 41 and the AKG C 414 B-ULS. These are all on my wish list of mikes to get.
Joe Kras is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio