DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   Evolution 100 Wireless Quick Start. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/23273-evolution-100-wireless-quick-start.html)

Kevin Lee March 20th, 2004 09:42 PM

Evolution 100 Wireless Quick Start.

Hi,
I just picked up a 2nd hand Set of Evolution100 portable wireless transmitter and receiver. Having never used one before, I'm having a bit of a problem getting it to work (if indeed, it works).
It seems to be in order, but i am not getting audio.

Can someone give me a quick start?

Thanks.

Bryan Beasleigh March 20th, 2004 10:24 PM

Did you get a manual with it? Best to sit down with the gear and go through the manual page by page.

In case you didn't here is the link.

http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/icm_eng.nsf/vw_resources/EW100_US.pdf/$file/EW100_US.pdf

Aaron Koolen March 20th, 2004 11:33 PM

Chuck the batteries in (make sure they're the right way around)
Attach the antennae ;)
Set the channels to the same # on both the Tx and Rx
Put the gain on the Rx to about half.
Make sure the mute switch is off on the Tx.
Plug the lav into the Tx.
Plug the audio cable from the Rx into your Camera. What are you going into? Cam (What one?), preamp? etc.

When you speak into the lav, you should see the meters on the Rx move if you're getting something through.

Aaron

Kevin Lee March 21st, 2004 12:03 AM

Thanks for that link bryan. It didnt come with the manual.

Aaron.
I'm pluging it directly into the pd150.
It came with a stereo miniplug but i bought an original seinheisser xlr plug to into the pd150.
Everything is powered up. I'm using the pocket receiver and not the studio reciever. It doesn't appear to have a meters but there is no audio levels on the meter on the pd150.

i tried setting both the Tx and Rx to channel 1 and same frequency. still no can do. prob might be here i'm guessing.

Mute off. Gain -20 on the Tx and 20 on the Rx.

It's the older model E100 and not the new G2 series.
The menu options on both the Rx and Tx seems to be:

Gain. Display Channel. Display Frequency. Lock on/off.

Mute switch on the Tx and a Volume dial on the Rx.

hmmm. I'm in singapore by the way...if that means anything (frequency??)

Damn. And i thought it was simply plug and play.
Haha.

Aaron Koolen March 21st, 2004 12:39 AM

Kevin, I have the old pocket receiver and the old version (Not G2) as well.

If you're going XLR into the PD150, maybe you have it set for line in? Is that possible? I don't know about that cam so don't know myself.

By "pocket" receiver do you mean "bodypack" receiver? It's written on the back of the unit. I have the bodypack and there should be two little 8 segment bars on the LCD on the top and bottom of the readout. The one on the bottom is the RF signal one and the one on the top is the audio signal. As you talk into the lav, you should see the top bar move.

If there is an RF led on the unit, check that it's on and change the channel on the Tx and see if it turns off. That should tell you if there is a connection at least.

If you haven't got the bodypack receiver then I'm not sure.

Aaron

Bryan Beasleigh March 21st, 2004 12:48 AM

Do you have the antennas on?

Jon McLean March 21st, 2004 03:46 AM

Hi Kevin,

One other thing I can think of to prove things out, is set the 'SenSit' on the TX to 0dB and using a condenser mic (usually ME-2 or 4 lav mic) whistle into the mic. Normally the 'AF PEAK" led should flash away on peaks to indicate its overdriving.

If the green 'RF' LED on the RX is not on then it is not receiving anything(set to wrong frequency e.g. 631.500 or mute setting extremely high).

The frequency range written on the back label by the serial no should also be the same i.e. 630-662 MHz, on both units.
I think they came in 4 ranges of frequencies depending on the territory.

Kevin Lee March 21st, 2004 09:46 AM

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I finally managed to get it going.
Works perfect. Don't know exactly what i did right but i did try everything mentioned here.

I got the pocket transmitter with lav mic and pocket reciever 2nd hand for about $US180. Tell me i got a good deal...?

Cheers once again.

David Mintzer March 21st, 2004 11:42 AM

You got a good deal! Have fun---