Sound for Sony FX7/FX1000 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old May 19th, 2009, 06:34 AM   #1
New Boot

Sound for Sony FX7/FX1000

Just ordered my FX1000 - cant wait.
At the moment I am doing mostly weddings so need advice re sound. What are my options here for good "economical" sound?
Greg Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 07:54 AM   #2
Regular Crew

You might want to elaborate more on that. Are you asking about XLR adapters, wireless systems, or shotgun microphones?

Be more precise so that other users can respond to your question.

I'll take my guess and assume that you're asking about adding professional microphones at a reasonable cost. I would go with a XLR adapter box, either BeachTek or JuicedLink, preferably one with phantom power. Mainly so you have the flexibility of connecting various sources at once and having control over them. If you just want to use the 3.5 connector you might want to consider the Rode | Stereo VideoMic which offers pretty good sound. Regarding wireless systems both Sennheiser and Sony receivers offer a 3.5 connection. And well if you're considering a shotgun microphone that depends on how much you're willing to spend.

Try providing a price range of what you're able to afford. Like other users may tell you and agree, audio is something you really can't skimp on.
Old May 19th, 2009, 01:55 PM   #3
New Boot

Mic's for FX7/1000

Yes i know I was vague.
I currently have a Rode videomike, and am looking at lapelier wireless systems .

What are my options for a 3.5mm connection and esp for the FX7/1000.
Greg Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 10:27 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Well like I mentioned there's the Sennheiser and Sony kits, there's more but I'm more familiar with those. Both come with the option of XLR and 3.5mm from the receiver, it comes with both cables supplied.

Brand new they retail around $800 but if you shop around you can find them at a lower price. I don't know how long you've being a member here, but look for the 'Private Classifieds' section, it usually shows up after a certain amount of time, were members of this forums post their gear for sale before they move to ebay.com or other sites. Right now there's one user selling two combos for around $400/$300.
Old May 20th, 2009, 11:22 AM   #5
New Boot

Thanks. Will check it out
Greg Walsh is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio