Sennheiser G2 Wireless - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old May 20th, 2004, 11:14 AM   #16
Trustee

Where did you hear this, Marcia?
Dave Largent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2004, 11:55 AM   #17
Major Player

Location Sound, in LA. Small sales dept., but THE biggest rental house. Really nice (and helpful) people, too. Basically the guy who has been helping me out checked their system/stock info (again) for me yesterday. He said they could get the reg. G2, but not the ENG package, which is in hot demand, and has been pushed backed now. At least that was what he was reading off his computer screen.
Marcia Janine Galles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2004, 12:08 PM   #18
Trustee

I would've held out for the ENG, too, but I couldn't wait.
With the ENG, you get the plug-in transmitter for $50.
As a seperate purchase, it's like $300.
Old May 21st, 2004, 11:26 AM   #19
Major Player

Jaser,
I knew I read about the shoe somewhere but I could not remember where. I just got a call back from Sennheiser confirming that it will work on the old and new systems.

It should be available early June (so will the ENG systems)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...&is=REG&BI=155
Marty Wein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2004, 03:18 AM   #20
Trustee

g2 question

I'm getting ready to buy my first wireless set-up, and have a question about the g2. Is the "sk100g2" an adaptor for an aditional hand held wireless mike, which can be used as part of the system?

<Sennheiser Evolution G2 100 Series - Camera Mountable UHF Wireless Lavalier and Plug-On Bundle with EK100G2 Receiver, SKP100G2 Plug-On Transmitter, SK100G2 BodyPack Transmitter and ME2 Microphone (A 518-554 MHz)
Mfr # EW100ENGG2A • B&H # SEEW100ENG2A >

If not, can some one reccomend a system that will ahndle both the lav and hand held?
Thanks
Bruce s. Yarock
www.yarock.com
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2004, 09:23 AM   #21
Major Player

Bruce, yes, the plug-on (which I'm anxiously waiting for, and will probably not be able to get as I'm running out of time) is an adapter which fits the bottom of any wired mic, where the XLR cable would otherwise have been plugged in. But you cannot use the handheld mic (now made wireless by the adapter) and the lav at the same time, if that's what you're asking. It's either or, unless you buy a second set-up. Then one can be for the lav and the other the handheld.
Old May 23rd, 2004, 10:20 PM   #22
Trustee

g2 question

Thanks, Marcia. i understand that you can't use the handheld and lav at the same time. But you can use any wired mike?
Bruce yarock
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2004, 10:30 PM   #23
Major Player

I'm no expert when it comes to audio. My background is in editorial. But yes, it's my understanding that any mic that you would have plugged into an XLR, you can plug into the Senn. adapter and you magically have a wireless setup. It's my intention (if it comes in, in time) to plug it into my Senn. MD46 (cardioid ENG mic) and my Senn. E835 (vocal/voice dynamic mic).

Hope this helps.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 07:29 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Any word on this? Are we still looking at mid-June before they ship? That ENG package looks pretty sweet.
Bobby Abernathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2004, 07:38 PM   #25
Trustee

You know, there is an adapter to go from XLR mic
to bodypack transmitter.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 07:47 PM   #26
Regular Crew

True. The XLR transmitter would certainly be convenient to have, but nothing an adaptor or cable couldn't overcome. Looking at B&H now though, it looks to be $100 more than the package without.
Bobby Abernathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2004, 11:48 AM   #27
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Bobby Abernathy : True. The XLR transmitter would certainly be convenient to have, but nothing an adaptor or cable couldn't overcome. Looking at B&H now though, it looks to be $100 more than the package without. -->>>

Not necessarily will a cable and bodypack equal the plug-on. If you want to make a microphone wireless, this is the easiest way to do it. Nobody wants a cable hanging around a wireless microphone.

Also, it is nice to have both the bodypack for one sound source and the plug-on for another. Just set them up for adjacent channels and you can switch the receiver to grab one or the other.
Old June 4th, 2004, 11:50 AM   #28
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Marcia Janine Galles : I'm no expert when it comes to audio. My background is in editorial. But yes, it's my understanding that any mic that you would have plugged into an XLR, you can plug into the Senn. adapter and you magically have a wireless setup. It's my intention (if it comes in, in time) to plug it into my Senn. MD46 (cardioid ENG mic) and my Senn. E835 (vocal/voice dynamic mic).

Hope this helps. -->>>

If your microphone requires phantom power, the 100 series plug-on will not work. But you can purchase the 500 series plug-on and it will supply phantom and work with the 100 series receivers. It just won't transmit battery levels.

Note that 100 and 500 are the designations for the older systems.
Old June 4th, 2004, 02:43 PM   #29
Trustee

If you do want the plug-on trasnsmitter, it's good to
hold out for the ENG kit if you can. Time ran out
for me. The plug-on is about $50 more when you
get it with the ENG kit, but about $300 when you get it by
itself.
Dave Largent is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio