VASST tour update at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old May 28th, 2004, 12:31 AM   #1

VASST tour update

Wow!! What a great time. Here in SFO, we've got Gary Kleiner, Jeffrey P. Fisher, Mike Downey, myself, and Leigh Herman from Sony. We've met some folks from the forums, had an awesome time with some of the user group folks, and tomorrow is the all-day ACID training event. Jeffrey P. Fisher will lead that one, and I'll be guest appearing in the "Scoring for Emotion" section related to ACID and Vegas 5.
Gary's script tools (Excalibur and Neon) are huge hits on the tour, but it's funny how many folks own these tools. Vegas 5 is attracting TONS of new users, evidenced by the new faces we're seeing on the various tour dates.
Congrats to the winners of the Opteron 64 processors and other great goodies on the road. The BOXX system and the VAIO systems are rockin' and rollin' along, even after a BOXX was destroyed in Chicago.

Looking forward to NYC, meeting the East coast crowds there too. Orlando, Atlanta, Dallas, Seattle, Phoenix, Toronto, and Honolulu are next stops, looking forward to those, too!!!

thanks to all that have been showing up in support of VASST and the Sony Media Software showcases.

There are a buncha photos of the events on the VASST site if you'd like to see what sort of equipment we're flyin' around with.
http://www.vasst.com/tourstops/tourpix.htm
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2004, 10:43 AM   #2
New Boot

How proficient would you need to be with Vegas to benefit from the VASST training? I have a good general fund of knowledge for computers and have worked a few smaller projects and the tutorials in Vegas 3. I just received my Vegas 5 upgrade and am anxious to learn more. It sounds like the VASST program moves quickly and I dont want to get stuck because I dont have enough of the basics to keep up.

Thanks
Rebecca Condon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2004, 11:32 AM   #3

Rebecca,
The day STARTS with basics, and goes from there. The first couple hours in the day are all about how to do basic functions, what tools are there, how they are used, scripts, media pool, etc.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio