DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   Just ordred (from B&H) a Sony UWP-C1 (62) True Diversity (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/27309-just-ordred-b-h-sony-uwp-c1-62-true-diversity.html)

Christopher C. Murphy June 9th, 2004 09:49 AM

Just ordred (from B&H) a Sony UWP-C1 (62) True Diversity

Hi all,

I just ordered a Sony UWP-C1 (62) True Diversity wireless mic, so I'll let you know how it sounds with the HD10u.

If you're looking for a good UHF mic this one is a good deal right now at B&H. They have a $100 gift certificate with purchase of the UWP-C1!

Murph

Mike Metken June 10th, 2004 05:11 AM

Hi,

How much is the mic?

Mike

Christopher C. Murphy June 10th, 2004 06:28 AM

Total cost with shipping was $510.00, but that will include a $100.00 gift certificate...so, $410 total.

Good deal, I think.

Murph

Mike Metken June 10th, 2004 07:26 AM

good deal

Can you select frequencies? How many?

So that price includes the mic and diversity receiver? How big is the mike? Cardioid?

Mike

Christopher C. Murphy June 10th, 2004 07:53 AM

I don't want to answer because I'm not sure! All that tech info is on the B&H site.

All I know is that everywhere I looked people were talking about this particular wireless lav...and it was in my budget range. It was also UHF, and not VHF....so, it'll overall be a better lav then what I'm used to using (Azden).

Murph

Mike Metken June 10th, 2004 09:34 AM

sure, Sony knows how to make quality sound products, incl. mics

Heath McKnight June 10th, 2004 11:29 AM

I'm going to move this to our audio section, but leave a link for others to access and continue the discussion.

heath

Ignacio Rodriguez June 10th, 2004 01:51 PM

I have one of those kits. It has never let me down. Yes you can easily change frequencies and the manual includes a list of the right freqs. to use in some countries.

Bobby Abernathy June 10th, 2004 10:07 PM

Do y'all find the true diveristy stuff to be more reliable than other single antennae UHF systems? I've been trying to hold out for the Senn. G2 kit but realize that it's not true diversity. You'd think a true diversity system would natuarally be more reliable, but I'm not certain.

Dave Largent June 13th, 2004 03:44 PM

Well, the Sony and the Senn tranmsitters both put out the
same power, but the Sony is diversity.
Check out this link where a guy tested both. The
Sony came out on top.
I do think the $400 price is a good value.

http://www.dfwmediagroup.com/mictest.html

Matt Gettemeier June 15th, 2004 07:08 PM

I think the Sony looks like an excellent choice, but just to keep it fair I listened to those tests and read the page they're listed on and the guy never mentions frequencies or batteries... I'm sure he used 100% fresh batteries for his tests, don't ya' think?

Just so you know when a 9v battery gets drained down to about 7.5v it begins to adversely affect your wireless system... I have a bin of 9v batteries that I give to my friends as "almost new" because I only run fresh batteries in the wireless. That couple bucks will save you a headache sooner or later. When I listened to the tests I thought the Sennheiser sounded like one of my sets when it needs fresher batteries...

Also the point about frequencies is crucial... there can be RFI that interferes with one wireless set and not another... depending on frequency.

You can check the frequency blocks in your area by going to the Lectosonics site:

CLICK HERE TO SEE IT!

Ignacio Rodriguez June 16th, 2004 08:13 PM

> Just so you know when a 9v battery gets drained
> down to about 7.5v

Wait... does not the Sony kit use AA's?

Dave Largent June 16th, 2004 09:23 PM

The new (G2) uses AA. The first series uses 9V.

Marty Atias June 17th, 2004 04:19 AM

I donno, the Sony's 60dB signal to noise ratio is pretty pitifull.

The Audio Technica is rated at 107dB, and the Senny at 117.

High noise floor has always been one of my cheif complaints about Sony wireless. That and their low ouptut power - typically their units were rated at 10 Watts. This transmitter is rated at 30, if you can believe it.

Dave Largent June 17th, 2004 04:36 AM

The AT is only rated at 10!
The AKG and Samson units are also in this range
of 10 or 15 rating.