Azden FMX-2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old July 16th, 2004, 11:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Azden FMX-2

I'm in the market for a field mixer. I'm using a Dvx100a, so I don't see any need for any more than two channels. Right now I'm looking at the Azden FMX-2. Does anyone have experience with this mixer?
Deniz Turkmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2004, 10:26 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hey Deniz,

Did you ever find out anything about the Azden FMX-20 field mixer? Good, bad, ugly? It looks like a deal - I'm also using a DVX100A - but just how well does it perform?
Zareh Tjeknavorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2004, 10:52 PM   #3
Regular Crew

From what I've heard it's a bad product so I decided to stay away from it. The price always seemed too cheap to me, especially since from what I've seen the next cheapest mixer is around $600.
Deniz Turkmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2004, 12:41 PM   #4
Trustee

The PSC DV Promix 3 is $450 to $500. I haven't used one but it has a good reputation. It does lack a few features to keep the price down, like a tone generator I think, but it does have 3 inputs that are switchable between mic and line. The outputs are also switchable. All this can be very advantageous over the more expensive SoundDevices 2-channel MixPre.
Jay Massengill is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio