Schoeps CMC5 + MK41 case at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old September 15th, 2004, 06:56 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Schoeps CMC5 + MK41 case

Dont know where else to ask this, so i thought i'd give it a shot here.... I'm getting an older model cmc5 + mk41 shipped to me soon, however it did not include a case. where do i go to get one? I know their all fancy and wooden...but was wondering if there is a cheap alternative.
Dan Lahav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2004, 08:52 PM   #2
Trustee

For under $20 you can buy a pelican model 1120 guard box with pick and pluck foam. These cases are water proof and air tight, they are also nondescript. They don't scream STEAL ME !

The Schoeps with the preamp is approx 5 1/2" long. Buy something that will allow you to lay the mic in a weather tight and well padded environment. This is a $1350 and while it deserves the best, remember to buy something that won't attract attention.

And ignore any cheapskates, this is a Schoeps and REQUIRES RESPECT. You pack this puppy in a cheap pencil box and The Great Microphone Diety will pee in your breakfast cereal and you will develope warts and boils on and around your "giblets", your days will be numbered and there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Pelican 1120 guard box with foam

Congratulations! I'm fighting the urge to buy another rig myself.
Old September 15th, 2004, 09:09 PM   #3
Regular Crew

LoL... Beas, you crack me up dude.

Exactly what i was looking for, thanks
Dan Lahav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2004, 08:51 AM   #4
Trustee

The Pelican case is a great solution, but I have seen Schoeps boxes pretty cheap
on Ebay. If you go pelican, I would consider a case that would be big enough
hold other expensive stuff you want to keep fresh.
Old September 17th, 2004, 07:08 PM   #5
Major Player

Hey this is like a Ripley bit.... I carry my schoep's wooden case in a Pelican case!

I'll preface this by saying my grandpa worked at Argonn lab in the 50's from which my world view evolved...

At some point it becomes like my childhood vision of even the molecules of the lead in the pencil with which we write become the the world in which we live..... the atoms look like solar system, which looks like universe, which is expanding into what????

Take care of your microphones earthinlings.
John Hartney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio