The end of compact MiniDisc field recorders? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old September 30th, 2004, 10:47 AM   #1
Major Player

The end of compact MiniDisc field recorders?

My prayers have been answered in the Edirol R-1 WAV/MP3 recorder.

http://www.edirol.com/products/info/r1.html
Tim Borek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2004, 07:37 PM   #2
Trustee

The HHB and the Marantz are totally different animals. You must be refering to the consumer MD recorders.
Old October 1st, 2004, 12:28 AM   #3
Trustee

What is the recommended retail price?
Emre Safak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2004, 01:02 AM   #4
Trustee

This may work well with the new Beach Tek DXA-10 line level 2 channel mixer. Pricing will be similar to the DXA-8. All youd need is a 1/8" stereo male to L and R RCA's
Old October 1st, 2004, 06:04 AM   #5
Trustee

I never heard back from iRiver when I asked them about the suitability of using their devices as a field recorder. Their recorders are only 16-bit 44kHz and are really geared to be MP3 players. But it does open a possibility of new recorders. The iRivers come in flavors of 10, 20, and 30GB size!
George Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2004, 10:52 AM   #6

I'm waiting for Nnovia to have their systems be audio-only. 80 gigs of super quality (cirrus 7) converters built in. Plus, balanced or unbalanced inputs. And it's 48K wav or aiff.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2004, 12:49 PM   #7
Trustee

Fed Ex just brought me a Beach Tek DXA-10.

Same size as the other units but it doesn't attach to the camera. It comes with a belt clip and could be camera mounted using an accesory bracket.

The biggie wuith the DXA-10 is that it's made for the consumer mini disk , flash and hard drive recorders.

It has XLR inputs with separately switchable 48volt phantom and 2 stages of gain (30 and 60 db) The outputs are 2 RCA's at a max output of +18 db or a mic 1/8 stereo mini output at -37db.

With this setup you could feed a camera or other high level recorder using line input or a consumer camera or recorder at mic level through a simple 1/8" mini stereo cable.

This has most of the bases covered, it's light and it's inexpensive. it wouled also be a natural for the Edirol unit.

I will do some testing and expand on this info
for pictures look here

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio