Adding a shotgun mike to the FX1 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old November 7th, 2006, 01:13 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Z1U Mic Mount

I used the Sony Z1U Mic Mount parts. I ordered it as a kit on ebay a couple of months ago. The guy told me it was just the Z1U Mic Mount parts along with a little spacer added to make it fit on the FX1. I'll take a side pic to show you. Installation was very very easy and i'm very happy with it. My only gripe is that the spacer is a dark gold color. I would have hoped it would have been black or dark gray to match the camera.

Here's a link to some info:
http://www.videomaker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2341

It does not look like the kits are on sale on ebay anymore though but i'm sure if you really wanted to, you could find all the parts you needed (including the spacer) for much cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Foronda
Nice work!! Can you get shot of how you mounted the Rode mic on the side, I'm interested in mounting it there rather than using the hot shoe mount.
Christopher Cruz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio