My new Rode NT1a at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old December 19th, 2004, 12:55 PM   #1
Trustee

My new Rode NT1a

For a number of weeks I have been reading this board and learning about different microphones and preamps and good fun stuff like that. I even posted a few questions about doing V/O and narration. Well, Friday I went to an audio shop in Atlanta (a GREAT place for audio stuff) and bought the Rode NT1a and all the other fun stuff, preamp, pop filter, stand, etc. Well, was it worth it? Damn right. I love this new sound. It has changed my entire production. It has doubled the quaility of my work. Douglas, you were right. Audio is 70% of what you see. Thanks to all of you for your help. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2004, 02:11 PM   #2
Major Player

I use the NT1A for some of the VO work in my ads, and I was equally as happy with the results. I think you will continue to enjoy that mic (and it was such a good price, wasn't it?). Bryan and Matt and some of the others here were a huge help in pointing me in the direction of the NT1A -- Rode should be paying dvinfo.net some sort of commission!

You can hear it in use at http://www.karatemedia.com/video in the Schlotzsky's ad and the Foundy Park Inn ad (as well as some of the others). I record in my home office, through an inexpensive Tapco mixer (w/ phantom power), and it still sounds good -- although it has a lot to do with the vocal quality of the folks I record, of course.

By the way, which store in Atlanta are you raving about?
John Britt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2004, 04:42 PM   #3
Trustee

John, the place is Atlanta Pro Audio. 404-329-9494. Gary is the audio guy there. They have every thing you need for full blown audio work. They even have a used equipment room. They have mics, cables, mixers, preamps, sound cards, all pro audio toys. Tell Gary hello. They are open 6 - 10 M - F but are closed till Monday after Christmas. Take care, Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio