DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   Now Hear This (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/37947-now-hear.html)

Douglas Spotted Eagle January 18th, 2005 09:48 AM

Now Hear This

DVD has finally cleared all the legal hurdles we went through...and is now shipping. This belongs in the "for sale" group, but since some of you have been emailing and asking, I'm posting it here.
There is a special discount for the DVInfo.net people, COMM will get it for you.
My apologies for the delay. For all my talk about clearances, I guess I should have listened to myself, I never dreamed a manufacturer wouldn't want their product featured. Anyway, the DVD is now available at just over 5 hours of information on 2 DVD9s.

http://www.vasst.com/dvdproducts/nht-sound.htm

Marco Leavitt January 18th, 2005 12:55 PM

Looks great Douglas. How's that discount work?

Douglas Spotted Eagle January 18th, 2005 01:05 PM

We have an agreement with a distributor to not publish the price, so I can't do that. Suffice it to say that when you use the discount code, you'll see a reduction in price displayed prior to you being committed to the purchase.

Marco Leavitt January 18th, 2005 01:09 PM

Thanks. That's what I was looking for. I didn't realize that COMM was a code that needed to entered. (Guess I'm kind of dense like that.) :)

Jim Garrison January 18th, 2005 01:59 PM

Just ordered the DVD. Look forward to watching and learning.

Ben Lynn January 18th, 2005 02:40 PM

Douglas it's great that you have that product out there. I'd like to get that this summer as a training tool for myself and the freelance audio guys who work for me on productions.

Looks great.

Ben

Graham Bernard January 18th, 2005 02:45 PM

Looks brilliant Spot! Good luck with it!

Grazie

Mike Bement January 21st, 2005 10:52 AM

Douglas: Just ordered the DVDs and looking forward to watching them.

Where is Stockton? I grew up in Orem, started skiing when Sundance was called 'Timp Haven'. A lot has changed since then.

Cheers,

Mike

Douglas Spotted Eagle January 22nd, 2005 04:48 AM

Stockton is in between Lehi and Tooele, on the east side of the west side of the Oquirrhs. I'm up in the canyon there. Small town. Orem looks like major metropolis to us.
Timp Haven.....dang, but that was a LONG time ago, eh?

Mike Bement January 25th, 2005 01:42 PM

Douglas:

Must be nice and quiet over there in Stockton.

I went out for Thanksgiving. Two of my kids are going to school in Provo. There has been amazing growth along 73 west of Lehi and up in Herriman. Now there are whole communities on the west side of Utah Lake. That blows me away. We used to hunt coyotes and jack rabbits from Cedar Valley all the way down to Faust. The dry farmers would give us free ammo to get rid of them.

Small World.

The DVD arrived today. I'll pop some popcorn and watch it tonight.

Cheers,

Mike

Ari Shomair January 25th, 2005 02:48 PM

Mike - when your done watching the video I'd be really interested in what you thought of it, what skill level you feel it is best suited to, etc...

Thanks
Ari

Dan Lahav January 26th, 2005 12:21 AM

wow, i wish i could afford this on my measly student income. seems like a great resource. thanks Douglas

Douglas Spotted Eagle January 26th, 2005 12:42 AM

Mike, you can still hunt from Cedar Fort to Faust, but only on the west side...:-)

I still haven't seen the DVD in it's final package form, but one of our guys watched it Monday, and reported a 12 second blank at about 45:00 on disk one. Audio, with no video. The replicator is looking into what might have happened, but we'll be posting a stream of the missing 12 seconds of the windscreen in the outdoors. Apologies.

I'm on travel and won't be home until Sunday to get that taken care of.

Looking forward to hearing your comments. This is the toughest overall DVD we've done, because it's hard to decide where to draw the line at stopping. We've got an additional 2 hours of edited media that we'd decided not to include, 2 DVD9's is a lot of information to ingest. :-)

Ari Shomair January 30th, 2005 12:02 PM

Is there a student discounted version of your DVD? I noticed all your other DVDs are available through my educational discounted software providers

Douglas Spotted Eagle January 30th, 2005 12:16 PM

Academic Distribution should have the disc set shortly. They offer the student discounts.