Best way to do voiceovers - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old February 2nd, 2005, 06:17 PM   #31
Wrangler

One slightly peripheral note/endorsement: I bought the Tivoli PAL battery powered speaker a few years ago and have found a multitude of uses for it; when recording voiceovers in my closet (as I now learn, clipping off the high frequencies in the process!) I put the PAL in there as a talkback speaker from my edit setup.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 10:20 PM   #32
Machinist Mate

Hilarious, Charles! Springfield does have one attraction, a huge liquor store just off I-91 where I can get the stuff much cheaper than Connecticut. :-)

Ah yes, Tivoli! I remember when Mr. Kloss was building the old KLH model 21 table radios, I could barely keep them in stock. A good idea just keeps living on. (of course, they didn't come with a NiMH battery in those days) If it weren't for all those Roland MA12C's (radio not included) I've got kicking around here and there (also not battery-powered), I'd probably need to pick up a PAL.

A word on tents, blankets and closets... I had a shoot in a company boardroom and the HVAC unit sat there droning away and threatening to take over my audio track, and of course it was controlled by some computer in the bowels of the building so I couldn't turn it off (frankly I think those things are programmed to run forever, even if they are just blowing room-temperature air). When people came in, they asked where to put their coats, and I said "I'll take it" and heaped them on the grilles of the blasted unit (hoping it would pop a thermal limiter or circuit breaker). Clothing as sound-control devices, gotta love it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio