Mounting Senn Evo G2 on XL2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old February 9th, 2005, 08:54 PM   #1
Wrangler

Mounting Senn Evo G2 on XL2

A "lurker" -- which, by the way, is what I was here for a long time -- emailed me with a question:

I just recently purchased a Canon XL2 as my first foray into 'pro' dv projects and I am enjoying it very much - especially with the things I am learning through DVinfo and the XL2 watchdog. I needed a wireless mic setup so I ordered a Sennheiser Evolution G2 camera kit and it arrived today. I was hoping that the camera mounting would be compliant with the mounting bracket system on the back of the XL2, but the mounting system that comes with the G2 affixes it to the camera's hot shoe. Since I frequently use a lighting system (the VL-10i) on this system, I would really like to mount the G2 receiver on the rear camera bracket...so I went to the DVi posts and searched. I found a post where you indicated owning this wireless system but that you had not used the accompanying hotshoe mount. Are you mounting it on the rear bracket?..and if so, by what method? Your insight and response would be very very appreciated.
Best regards,
(Lurker)

My answer: I attached the black metal battery clip that comes with the XL2, then just clip the Senn receiver onto the top of that using the Senn's spring-steel wire beltclip. That leaves the camera's shoe free. Probably can find similar ways to attach it to other cameras. This does remind me that I need to get around to posting a few pictures of my set up to my personal web site one of these days...

Anyway, all you fine folks out there lurking...don't be shy...register and post your questions and answers! We don't bite. ;-)
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio