What about voice123.com? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old February 23rd, 2005, 10:55 PM   #1
Machinist Mate

What about voice123.com?

Hey, does anyone know about voice123.com? How legit are they? I mean, I signed up as talent today, and in one day I had five leads for voiceover opptys, but of course they were open casting calls and this requires "Premium" membership. This is at a cost of $195 per year, there is no 1-month trial or anything that allows us to see if we like it.

So, what's the deal?
Old February 24th, 2005, 12:15 AM   #2
Major Player

The Alexa Rating of that site is 46,429. So it is EXTREMELY popular. And because of that good Alexa Rating, I would imagine that it is a legit website. Pay the fee, give it a shot.

- ShannonRawls.com
Shannon Rawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2005, 09:13 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Shannon is more optimistic than I am.

The question is, with as many people listed on that site, will you get lost in the crowd. Also, the front page says something about "have talent compete for your job." What does that mean? Will they make you compete with each other for rate? Dunno.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Ty Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2005, 09:37 AM   #4
Machinist Mate

Popular, yes. User friendly??? Would YOU pay the fee? If they were confident that people would like them, they would offer a plan like Netflix: pay monthly (with automatic EFT) and quit whenever you want. They could actually price it higher...I'd pay $20 monthly which would give them $240 instead of $195 annually.

Because Netflix was a no-risk proposition, I tried it and have since remained with them for over two years.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio