DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   Thanks Spot, that was the best $50 I ever spent! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/40759-thanks-spot-best-50-i-ever-spent.html)

Matthew Cherry March 9th, 2005 12:38 AM

Thanks Spot, that was the best $50 I ever spent!

Went to the Now Hear This workshop in NYC today. If any of you missed it and you have the opportunity to do it in the future, I hightly recommend it. Great day with lots of info from a true master of the craft.

Matt

Douglas Spotted Eagle March 9th, 2005 07:17 AM

Thank you Matthew. It was indeed a fun day. Now heading to Jersey and points beyond. Thanks to you guys, we'll be doing more of these with B&H, and they help make it low-cost for these sessions. So, we'll see you at the next one!!

K. Forman March 9th, 2005 08:05 AM

Speaking of Spot, I was flipping through my new DV mag, and who do I see in an ad for DV Rack? D.S.E. hisself. My question is, was that just a blurry pic, or does he really look like that?

Sorry Spot... hehehe ;)

Ray Sigmond March 9th, 2005 02:31 PM

Hey Spot:

It was indeed a pleasure to meet you at B&H. I feel fortunate to be able to benefit from the knowledge that you shared with us and also win your latest DVD "Now Hear This" in the raffle. It also was my first meeting as a new member of the NYC Vegas Users Group!

I encourage all to attend Spot's seminars if possible and take advantage of the excellent training tools and information he has available on the Vasst site. Spot, the knowledge that you share with us here in the DVInfo community as well as the other forums etc is to be applauded!!

You are a shining star!

Regards,

Ray Sigmond

Matthew Cherry March 9th, 2005 03:41 PM

Just a suggestion...

I think a really neat idea would be a one or two day workshop where you do the sound design for and mix a short 5-10 minute film. Obvioiusly all your folley (except maybe one or two easy to capture pieces) would be prerecorded. You could use some of the Sony Library (which I picked up yesterday - FANTASTIC!) Maybe do a line of ADR, whatever. Sort of like what you did for the cooking clip, but in more of a master class sort of setting, dig? The introductory stuff is cool, and well worth the time, but it is always more rewarding, IMO, to watch an artist work, you can always learn the science from a book, but the art, that you can only experience. I figure in workshop like this, you could do both. I'd sign up.

Thanks again,

Matt

Henry Posner March 10th, 2005 12:23 PM

Re: Thanks Spot, that was the best $50 I ever spent!

<<<-- Originally posted by Matthew Cherry : Went to the Now Hear This workshop in NYC today. If any of you missed it and you have the opportunity to do it in the future, I hightly recommend it. Great day with lots of info from a true master of the craft.->>>

We're really glad to hear you enjoyed the session and we're REALLY glad to be working with DSE and his cohort, Mannie, who deserves credit for much of the less glamorous legwork in making the event happen.

We look forward to doing more of these down the road.

Ray Sigmond March 10th, 2005 12:40 PM

Also a big thanks to B&H Photo for sponsoring this event and giving support to the video community!!!!

Dennis Vogel March 15th, 2005 09:31 PM

I can't really add much to the things that have already been mentioned here. Spot, VASST and B&H all deserve a hand for putting in such a great seminar. I look forward to the next one.

Dennis

Bob Costa March 16th, 2005 12:34 AM

ORLANDO

Matthew Lombardo March 16th, 2005 09:36 AM

I also attended the training in New York City. Just picked up some new gear from B&H yesterday and it sounds great!
Thanks again Spot!