Mounting Audio Tehnica to VX2100... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old March 30th, 2005, 12:34 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Mounting Audio Tehnica to VX2100...

How or where do you mount the Audio Technica to the VX2100? The only place I've found to put it was on the handle, which is fine since it will be on a tripod most of the time.

One thing I've noticed is that when I mount it so that I can easily get to the audio controls (xlr is facing toward the lense), the antennae are nearly jabbing me in the eye. With the antennae on the side facing me, would it cause any problems with dropouts?
Jeremy Rank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2005, 05:23 PM   #2
Trustee

You should strive to keep the antennae in a vertical position since that will give the best reception and the transmitters are typically sending out their signal with the same vertical orientation.
At short ranges though you'll probably be ok. Have you had problems with this configuration?
Jay Massengill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2005, 01:42 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Nope...just tested it out yesterday. With the receiver on the handle and antennae pointed toward me I don't get any dropouts at all.
Jeremy Rank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2005, 06:30 PM   #4
Trustee

Buy a mighty wondercam mini rover and acessory plate. that way you'll get a better grip on things and keep the hardware away from the camera body.

Mini Rover
Old April 3rd, 2005, 09:32 PM   #5
Major Player

Another option is the Bescor VB-50 bracket.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=133276&is=REG
Marty Wein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2005, 10:51 PM   #6
Regular Crew

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=283968&is=REG

How about something like this? I was going to get one when I got my AT setup, but didn't know what it looked like on the camera.
Jeremy Rank is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio