Monitoring on several headphones? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old April 1st, 2005, 06:39 AM   #1
Major Player

Monitoring on several headphones?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a multi-headphone amplifier or adapter or something...? Here's what I want to do: I'm doing some audio recording, and I want to send the monitor mix from 8-track deck that we are using (a Yamaha MD8 mini-disc recorder) to three or four sets of headphones, and be able to control the volume level of each one separately.

A nice-to-have option would be the ability to add a little reverb to each output (doesn't have to be built-in as we have a multi-FX unit - just send-and-receive sockets), but that's really not essential.

I had a poke around in the search function for "headphone and splitter" and "headphone and amplifier" but didn't turn up anything useful. I know this is not really "audio for video", but I thought I'd try here first because of the excellent advice nomally available. Where else should I be looking?

Thanks
Mark
Old April 1st, 2005, 10:00 AM   #2
Regular Crew

There are a few multi-headphone amps here:
http://www.zzounds.com/prodsearch?form=prodsearch&q=headphone+amp

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio