Micro 32 Problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old April 2nd, 2005, 09:38 PM   #1

Micro 32 Problem

I have 2 Micro 32 systems... they've been great for weddings for over 2 years now... no problems. However, I have a transmitter problem with one set now all of a sudden. When close to the receiver, it's at full signal. When I get 20 feet away or more, I begin to get a weaker signal and even drop outs if the groom is moving around. My other unit doesn't do this and I tested the receiver with the 'good' transmitter with no problems. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? What could be the issue... is something loose or broke (probably... I feel better when asking about this kind of stuff though:)

Any advice would be appreciated!
Old April 8th, 2005, 03:27 PM   #2
Regular Crew

guessing...

Matt, I'm in no way an expert on the Micro 32's or UHF transmitters and receivers, but based on what you've described, I would guess that the antennae connection may be flakey or the antenna element may be broken.
Not sure if that helps you in any way. It may be best to send it into Samson for testing.

Michael
Old April 8th, 2005, 03:32 PM   #3

Yea, I pulled it apart and sure enough, the wire that was soddered from the antenna to the lead it was supposed to be soddered to was loose. I put some more sodder on it to refuse everything, and it works perfect now:)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio