Which laptop do you use for audio capture at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old May 4th, 2005, 11:06 AM   #1
Major Player

Which laptop do you use for audio capture

I currently use an Acer Aspire AS1804WSMi to capture sound. It is a P4 (HT) with 3.20GHz, 1GB SDRAM, 100GB (and the edirol fa-101 as my external soundcard). The problem is that the three fans that comes with the notebook is rather loud, and thus I have to have the notebook in another room from the sound being captured in order to get clean sound. So my question is what notebooks are you guys using for to capture on? Also, if you have the same issue, what, if any solutions (other than the one I have listed above) have you found to the problem of machine noise.
Dwight Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2005, 11:10 AM   #2

I'm using a VAIO K37. It only has one fan, but it's pretty quiet. It does run quite hot though. You definitely don't want to block the vent on the side.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2005, 09:28 PM   #3
Major Player

No, blocking the vents wasn't what I had in mind. This weekend I am going to try operating it from within my self-made voice over box. I have a sense that it may solve the problem, if not, well I'm glad they make really long cables:-).
Dwight Flynn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio