Which was the SONY MD player (discontinued now) that was desired? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old June 11th, 2005, 07:36 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Older DAT decks may not have that great of preamps either, and some of them also only have analog out, so watch out.

As far as minidisc goes, I'm a big believer in the format. We use an external AD converter and a mixer, and transfer digitally using a deck. The results are as good as anything you're going to find out there. The minidiscs archive beautifully as well. HiMD allows digital transfers, and that's the route I'd go if you have a PC. You will have to use a hacker work around to do a digital transfer if you want to use an external AD converter, but it's supposed to be pretty simple.
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2005, 07:37 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Dennis, I was able to try out an MZ-NH900 a few weeks ago. Although it is a first generation Hi-MD unit, I was able to easily import recordings as WAV files and I could process/edit them in other applications (Audacity and Vegas). I can’t imagine the newer, 2nd generation units not being able to do that...

HTH,

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio