ew100G2 users please help before tomorrow. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old June 3rd, 2005, 04:08 PM   #1
Still Motion

Sennehiser ew100G2 users please help before tomorrow.

I need some advice for setting the various controls on my Sennheiser ew100 G2 receiver and transmitter. I am having a tuogh time balancing the sensitivity on the transmitter, the AF out level on the receiver and the gain on my PD170.

I have been doing various tests to try and get the best balance for a wedding video vows but there are many combinations so I was hoping to get some feedback from other users of this unit, or a revision of it. I'm currently running the lav sensitivity at 0db, the AFout level on the receiver at -30dB, the PD170 at mic in, phantom power off and the main gain just above half. Does that sound reasonable to others who have done similar things?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm worried about the sensitivity on the lav being too high but it doesn't appear to peak with these setting, I'm just really not sure with this unit though.

Thanks

Last edited by Patrick Moreau; June 3rd, 2005 at 05:45 PM.
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2005, 06:57 PM   #2
Major Player

Patrick,

Check out this video on DV Creator.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio