Help: I know little but need something... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old October 27th, 2009, 07:58 AM   #1
Major Player

Help: I know little but need something...

So I watched some very interesting videos about the differences between different types of mics. I'm still not 100 percent sure on what to go with.

First: I'm thinking of getting the Audio-Technica AT875 and having that go through my ZoomH4n. (I still don't know how to use my H4n well...so I would have no idea how to get it all together).

The reason for going with this mic for NOW is because I'm going to be taking my 7D with my Cinevate gear out Saturday around Japan to catch all the Halloween madness (Which means clubs, bars and out and about town). I've got the rails, grip, pad, handles and CAGE (To protect it from the monsters).

Second: I knew the chapels I worked at had equipment I could use but being so busy with work itself I never bothered to check what mics they had. I will Saturday morning/afternoon during services and I might take one of the night. To the point...I took my gear to get some rehearsal video of the choir and the audio was captured with just the 7D (I figured I would work on video editing/composition before moving on to strictly audio) BUT was wondering of a good mic that would be great for inside the chapel capturing voices that bounce off walls (I can only take video during rehearsal when the chapel is empty, and so the echo effect is heavier than when the chapel is full at 100 or so people.)
Jason McDonald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio